Jimmy, Brenda, and Give Me the Money

Just when I thought it couldn't get any better, I discover that Jimmy Fallon is slated to take over Conan's spot as the host of NBC's Late Nite. And Shannen Doherty has signed on for the new 90210 series. I ask you, could life get any better?

I was never a member of the "I Hate Brenda Club." For me, she was neither here nor there; it was handsome Jason Priestly I liked. I can't believe he hasn't signed on yet! What is he holding out for? A free sundae at the Peach Pit? Maybe he doesn't want to be a teen idol again, but Jase--we're older now, you won't be a teen idol--you'll be a thirtysomething idol!

As for the money, well, don't be jealous, but I found a five dollar bill crumpled up on the path around alligator pond, and someone in front me had just walked right by it! Talk about luck! Nothing makes you feel luckier than finding money, especially the paper kind. But don't worry, I won't spend it all in one place.

7 comments:

Cate Gardner said...

I used to love 90210. I didn't realise they were making a new series (though of course we may not get it in the UK). I LOVED Jason Priestly.

Okay, off to type 90210 in google.

Charles Gramlich said...

Can't say as I ever watched 90210. But I saw Jason Priestly as a cop on a movie the other day. Termination Point, on the SciFi channel. It wasn't too bad.

Mary Witzl said...

I don't know these people. I feel so ignorant and culturally out of it...

But is there anything more wonderful than finding money on the sidewalk? Actually, I'm guessing that earning it through writing must come pretty close, but just spotting a folded up bill lying there is a great feeling and my eyes are always scanning the sidewalks, hope springing eternal.

Sheri Perl-Oshins said...

I LOVE finding money! Sometimes I find a crumpled up bill in a coat pocket, or pants pocket. It is the best!

My youngest daughter finds money wherever we go. Seriously, all the time. We went to Rita's for ices last week and she walked away with a Blendini and 23 cents. She just kept finding dimes, nickels, and pennies. (My older daughter's a little jealous - who wouldn't be?)

Anonymous said...

I LOVED Brenda. She was my favourite character. I was a member of the I Hate Kelly Club. You can imagine how difficult it was for me after Brenda left and Kelly got lead female status. I actually had to stop watching.
*sadness*

Angela Ackerman said...

Oh Jason...drools. How I miss you...

Stella said...

You mean Beverly Hills 90210? Is that the show? It came out just after I began teaching and all my 5th and 6th grade girls were gaga over that show. Or maybe it was Jason Priestly. I was too busy with lesson plans and two wee boys to have time to watch the telly much. But money on the sidewalk? Yeah, that's something I can definitely relate to.