I Got a Two Book Deal!

Awesome news and I am bursting! I landed a two-book deal with Walker Books! Here's the blurb from PM:

Author of the forthcoming debut VIOLET RAINES ALMOST GOT STRUCK BY LIGHTNING Danette Haworth's THE HOTEL OF BLUEBERRY GOODNESS and ME AND JACK, again to Stacy Cantor at Walker, by Ted Malawer at Firebrand Literary.

I feel so excited! Thank you Ted and Stacy for your hard work and belief in my writing. Thank you to all my friends on Verla Kay who've already sent heaps of congratulations and you go, girl! and thanks to LindaBudz, who told me about the PM blurb, and thank you to Kim Kasch and her sons who sang a song of celebration for me! I keep clicking into Kim's blog to watch it--it's awesome! Click here to watch the video. *Spoiler alert* These guys are gorgeous!

I'm going on a little vacay, but I'll post more details next week!

16 comments:

Stephen Parrish said...

It seems every time I come here I type the word "congratulations." You're on a roll, and I hope it never ends. The Hotel of Blueberry Goodness is another killer title. I can't wait to see it; you're writing them faster than I can read them.

Anyway, as long as I'm here, and for the sake of tradition:

CONGRATULATIONS!

Cate Gardner said...

CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS!

I agree with Stephen, The Hotel of Blueberry Goodness is an aswesome title.

SmartlikeStreetcar said...

Congratulations, too!

I love the title, like everyone else, I'm sure. :-)

LindaBudz said...

You're most welcome! I didn't realize I was breaking the news, but I'm glad I did! And ... congrats again!!

Angie Frazier said...

OMG! Congratulations two times over!! That is awesome news!

Travis Erwin said...

WooHoo! Many congrats!

Angela Ackerman said...

Congrats!! Not one but three successes for you now!! Whoo-hoo!

Sheri Perl-Oshins said...

OH MY G-D Danette! Holy crow! A two-book deal. That is so awesome! Are you still gonna speak to us? I mean, um, now that you are officially famous. I think 3 books constitutes for immediate fame...

I hate to sound so naive, but what is the web address for PM?

Ello - Ellen Oh said...

Awesome news!!!! Congratulations! I am so happy for you!

Mary Witzl said...

Great news, Danette, and congratulations! I want to go to that hotel, and I'm hoping it is loaded with blueberry muffins...

Stella said...

Big CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Woo hoo! I can't wait to read them. Enjoy the ride.

Chris Eldin said...

Ditto Stephen!! Many, many congratulations!!! I also love the title "The Hotel of Blueberry Goodness."

Can't wait to read Violet though....
:-)

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I am so, so happy for you. You're an inspiration, Danette. :) And I can't wait to read your books.

(& Happy belated birthday to the blog!)

Pam said...

Danette I couldn't be happier for you! Watch out world, Florida writers are going to fill up the bookshelves!

Danette Haworth said...

Hi Sheri!
The deal announcements come out in Publisher's Weekly, which I think I mistakenly referred to as PM. PW is available by subscription, but Publishers Lunch Deluxe and PW Children's Bookshelf are free.

Thanks for all the congratulations and comments on the blueberry title!

Sheri Perl-Oshins said...

Thanks for the tip, Danette. Are you still on cloud nine?