It's Already Wednesday

When you have Monday off, all the other days are off too. I had to put the timer on to remind myself to leave on time, but when it started beeping, I was eating my lunch and thought it had something to do with my food. I turned it off. It wasn't until twenty minutes later that I realized I had to leave. Do you think that was the holiday effect or was that due to my insomnia-induced short circuitry? Or perhaps the newspaper I was reading was so scintillating I couldn't tear myself away, you know, For Better or Worse, Zits, and LuAnn. We also get Ann Landers, but I really like Carolyn Hax's advice column, "Tell Me About It."

* * * * *

By the way, don't forget to stop by Ello's blog. She's interviewed Dr. Gigi Durham, author of The Lolita Effect, The Media Sexualization of Young Girls and What we can Do About It. Interesting conversation going on over there.

4 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I always find that a holiday throws me off. It doesn't take me long to get out of synch with my normal routine.

Danette Haworth said...

Same with me, Charles. Especially long holidays like Christmas and Thanksgiving, which I love, but the hiatus takes a lot of self-discipline to come out of.

Mary Witzl said...

Alarm clocks are easy to ignore. I used to have to put about three of them around my bed in order to get myself up in the morning; I got all too good at flicking the first one off -- and oversleeping.

Ello - Ellen Oh said...

Thanks Danette! I'm only now getting my act together to come around to everyone!